Red Laser

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
capt_hunt

Red Laser

Postby capt_hunt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:20 pm

I saw in your newsletter today that you got one of the green lasers as used by Jack on the show.

Unfortunately green lasers are expensive, but in a few episodes, most notably Full Circle, we see red lasers too. Does anyone know what red lasers they used?

Red lasers are generally cheaper, and I'd rather have a functional one then a resin dummy if I can get the right one.

SG Merc
Site Admin
Favorite Stargate Character: The little furling guy from 200

Re: Red Laser

Postby SG Merc » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Yes, the green laser that was used on the show is very expensive. The Beamshot GB1000 retails for $299!

I have not been able to identify the red laser. All I really know about it is that it is a long design which was held on with two mount rings. I've gone through quite a few catalogs and haven't seen exact, but there are some lasers of the same basic size. I have some good behind the scenes stills which show it off.

Also, when PropWorx had their auctions they sold 4 different red lasers which came from the production. I have never seen of these on the series, but they might have been used on background guns.
Attachments
Lot 2522.jpg
sg30_13233.jpg
Lot 1065.jpg
P90LaserSite.jpg
s5 laser.jpg
s4 laser.jpg
Want to be the first to know about new Stargate props? Signup for the SG1Props email newsletter.
capt_hunt

Postby capt_hunt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks for trying.
TBH, I don't remember any times when we see the team actually use the green lasers.
SG Merc
Site Admin

Postby SG Merc » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:23 pm

It was lit up in a couple of episodes. They seldom used any of the lasers, but usually had one mounted.

The red laser was mounted in season 4 and 5. They switched to the Greenbeam halfway through season 5. At that point it was pretty much the only laser ever shown on the P90.
Want to be the first to know about new Stargate props? Signup for the SG1Props email newsletter.
capt_hunt

Postby capt_hunt » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:48 am

With the notable exception of Carter's P90 in Full Circle
SG Merc
Site Admin

Postby SG Merc » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Yes, it's true that they did go back and forth as the storyline required.

The lasers that were on the P90s came from the set armorers, and so it's likely that the red laser was another high end model like the green laser.
capt_hunt

Postby capt_hunt » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:20 pm

ok, thanks

Return to “Stargate Weapons”