Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discussions about replica and original Stargate props. Show off your collection, or what you are building.
By SG Merc
I have been unable to identify this prop key so far, does anybody know what episode it is from? The style seems to suggest SG-1, but it could be from Atlantis as well.

Anybody have any ideas?

By SG1Niner
Could it be the key that unlocked the door in the SG1 episode "Camelot"?

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displa ... 02&pos=122
By Smiley
It can't be the key in that photo, it's different, the one in that picture has three key spokes on the end. I have no clue where that key is from i have never seen it before! :(
By Colonel_Carter
I feel the key looks quite Atlantian in design, though seeing as the Ancients were the ones that built the Stargate system that really doesn't narrow it down which series its from (SG-1 or Atlantis).

I'm going to have to dust off some more old SG eps and take a closer look ... and not get too caught up in the storyline to forget to look.
By Smiley
I was gonna do that but i started watching and well... whatever i was looking for was forgotten and now i'm just watching them... and i'm a haveta watch from Episode 1 to 213... and however many Atlantis episodes there are.... on my DVDs! Which is 40 :P
Last edited by Smiley on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SG Merc
The problem with small props like this is that they're rarely seen up close on screen. That's a good shot from Camelot, but unfortunately it's not our key.

It could be from Atlantis or SG-1 ... but as Smiley said that only narrows it down to about 300 episodes :P
By Smiley
Hmmm, sorry i just re-read my post last night, erm this morning... :P I obviously don't know how to times 20 by 4 :P Heehee, i meant to say 80 Atlantis episodes... NOT 40 :P Heehee...
By SG1Niner
It's the key from "Prophecy" in season 6...check out this screen shot:

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displa ... 40&pos=617
By Colonel_Carter
SG1Niner you are a star!!

I've checked out the screencap and believe you are right!!!

SG Merc ... the puzzle is solved!!! 8)
By SG Merc
Very nice! We have a winner thanks to SG1Niner!

The curvature and the cross shaped head on the key she's holding match that of the one in the photos I posted. And also in this image you can see that the head of the key is also the same.

Thanks for the good catch! :D
By Smiley
Goood Work!!! :D:D
By SG1Niner
Thank you. Thank you everyone!
By SG1Niner
SG Merc, is that a prop you own, or are those pictures that you had of the key?
By SG Merc
SG1Niner wrote:SG Merc, is that a prop you own, or are those pictures that you had of the key?
Unfortunately it's not mine. It's in the collection of certain English prop company I believe ... or at least they needed to identify it :)
By SG1Niner
Somewhere in my childhood I started collecting keys [2000+ and still counting] - so this venture was an enjoyable search!
By Smiley
Collecting keys? Now thats an interesting hobby! :P Not one i have heard before... i only collect keyrings but i only have like 100 :P:P
By Colonel_Carter
You.Are.Joking!!!

You are me in an alternate reality!!!

I also collect keyrings, though I don't think I have that many. Friends sometimes brought me back a 'souvenir' keyring if they went on holiday etc (have ones from Vegas and SF), I also have the coolest Replicator piece keyring!!!

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]