Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discuss those things that make intergalactic battles deadly
By capt_hunt
I saw in your newsletter today that you got one of the green lasers as used by Jack on the show.

Unfortunately green lasers are expensive, but in a few episodes, most notably Full Circle, we see red lasers too. Does anyone know what red lasers they used?

Red lasers are generally cheaper, and I'd rather have a functional one then a resin dummy if I can get the right one.
By SG Merc
Yes, the green laser that was used on the show is very expensive. The Beamshot GB1000 retails for $299!

I have not been able to identify the red laser. All I really know about it is that it is a long design which was held on with two mount rings. I've gone through quite a few catalogs and haven't seen exact, but there are some lasers of the same basic size. I have some good behind the scenes stills which show it off.

Also, when PropWorx had their auctions they sold 4 different red lasers which came from the production. I have never seen of these on the series, but they might have been used on background guns.
Attachments
Lot 2522.jpg
Lot 2522.jpg (42.27 KiB) Viewed 26098 times
sg30_13233.jpg
sg30_13233.jpg (54.54 KiB) Viewed 26098 times
Lot 1065.jpg
Lot 1065.jpg (55.83 KiB) Viewed 26098 times
P90LaserSite.jpg
P90LaserSite.jpg (40.91 KiB) Viewed 26098 times
s5 laser.jpg
s5 laser.jpg (147.35 KiB) Viewed 26098 times
s4 laser.jpg
s4 laser.jpg (113.73 KiB) Viewed 26098 times
By capt_hunt
Thanks for trying.
TBH, I don't remember any times when we see the team actually use the green lasers.
By SG Merc
It was lit up in a couple of episodes. They seldom used any of the lasers, but usually had one mounted.

The red laser was mounted in season 4 and 5. They switched to the Greenbeam halfway through season 5. At that point it was pretty much the only laser ever shown on the P90.
By capt_hunt
With the notable exception of Carter's P90 in Full Circle
By SG Merc
Yes, it's true that they did go back and forth as the storyline required.

The lasers that were on the P90s came from the set armorers, and so it's likely that the red laser was another high end model like the green laser.
By Cleve
When you reach that ops level, you can use whatever you want and are competent with. Milspec is nice, but whatever gets you and your team home.

God bless our troops that you never, EVER hear ANYTHING about.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]