Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discussions about replica and original Stargate props. Show off your collection, or what you are building.
By SG Merc
I am pleased to announce that -- through the generous donation by an SG1Props member -- SG1Props has in our shop an original screen used Naquadah Generator Mark 1; AND will be producing a screen accurate replica.

The replica will include all WORKING features of the original, including:
  • - Telescoping end chambers (to collapse the generator for transportation)
    - Opening ports on each end chamber for connection of multiple generator, or connecting the generator to what you need to power
    - Device activation by lifting, rotating, and closing the naquadah core on the top of the generator
    - Working lights
The original prop is a true work of craftsmanship, and the replica will be faithful to the original in appearance and function.

Enjoy the following photos and video of the original prop -- taken right here in our office -- and stay tuned for regular updates on this project, and for your opportunity to own a replica!

gAmUJAAE3G0

By SG Merc
Still looking for the right materials to keep the cost down. Once everything is sourced I will know what the replicas will cost.

Working on some VERY cool ideas to make this even more fun than the original. Stay tuned for more frequent updates once the research is done.
By SG Merc
Minor update on this project. The original prop has been carefully disassembled, and most electronics removed. I have finished building a vacuum chamber for degassing silicone rubber, and have the rubber on hand. I am expecting to begun molding the parts over the next two weeks.

I have been sourcing other parts for this as well. I am ordering electronics for the light effects, and sound modules as well. That's right I said SOUND! Although the original sound effects were added in post production, I am working on getting sounds into the replica.

More to come.
By SG Merc
astroshadow1701 wrote:Has there been any progress with the Generator?
Slowly but surely. We're making the molds for each of the components.
By SG Merc
Nesbittcj wrote:Any updates? Hope you will have some info soon. Thank you
Yes, actually. I have finally been able to make progress with the molds for this. I'll be starting to cast some of the smaller parts this week. Also, nothing is set in stone yet but I am going to try cold casting the appropriate parts in metal to make the replica. Some of the original parts are made from milled aluminum, so I should be able to get an authentic looking replica from the aluminum powder I ordered from Smooth-On last week.

Thanks for being patient!
By SG Merc
This is still coming along! I've had to shift my focus during the last several months to a few other Stargate props, but I am still working on this.

Currently I have about 7 different molds for the generator, and need to make a few more before everything is molded. Some of the parts are off the shelf items, which I have also been sourcing and stocking up on. This prop is going to be as close to the original as possible without getting the metal parts machined (which would cost a lot).
By EmrysHimnda
Hello,

Is there a current estimate on how much this would cost? I would absolutely love to buy this! is there somewhere we can pre-order?
Sorry if seem pushy, i have plans to make a Lantean Console as well as a SGC/Asuran/Atlantis ZPM Hub and buy a ZPM and maybe a few Lantean Screens and would love to start with a Naquadah Generator, and this is the only place on the internet that i could find one.

Emrys Himnda.
By SG Merc
EmrysHimnda wrote:Hello,

Is there a current estimate on how much this would cost? I would absolutely love to buy this! is there somewhere we can pre-order?
Sorry if seem pushy, i have plans to make a Lantean Console as well as a SGC/Asuran/Atlantis ZPM Hub and buy a ZPM and maybe a few Lantean Screens and would love to start with a Naquadah Generator, and this is the only place on the internet that i could find one.

Emrys Himnda.
Roughly looking at between $550 - $750. I am trying to keep the price on the lower end of that scale. I haven't made the electronics yet, and so I don't know what the final cost will be. I don't have a solid delivery date and so am not taking pre-orders yet. I can tell you that the first opportunity to pre-order will be made available through the eblast, so you should add your email to the list if you want to get notified.

Not sure how much time time will pass between when the pre-orders can be made and when the generators ship, but I will also be ensuring that people can make their payments in multiple installments if they need.

And, for a small project update, this week I picked back up where I had left off and finished another mold. That's the 13th of the 18 molds completed for this project. On top of the molds, I've got a few hundred dollars worth of acrylic and other components in storage. Just need to finish the remaining molds, cast lots of parts, and then create the electronics.
By SG Merc
anten7 wrote:you wil h ave to let me know how to buy this, as well as a payment plans as I soooo want one
Stay tuned, and I will have information ready in a few months. They are going to be great, but are still in production.
By SG Merc
Okay! Time for an update!

I've had over 12 feet of acrylic tubes in the shop for a few months now, and finally cut a few pieces to start making parts for the prop. My molds for two of the parts actually incorporate the acrylic into the mold. So the resin parts will be cast directly onto the acrylic tube. How will that work out? I'll let you know when I pull the first castings. The molds fit together around the tubes perfectly. So fingers crossed, and I'll follow up with photos of the first castings tomorrow.
By SG Merc
Today I pulled the first casting of the outer ribbing for the side core chamber. Each generator gets two of these parts.

FLAWLESS.

For a first casting I am psyched at how nice this came out. The ribbing just needs to be painted, and the acrylic frosted. Then this piece is finished!

By SG Merc
Cyberpred wrote:Still here when ready

Cary
Thanks Cary. You've been very patient, and are the #1 name on the list to get one when they are ready.
By SG Merc
This project is now entering it's final stages.

The last two remaining parts are being molded right now, and casts are being made of the molded parts to complete a prototype. The first generator will be ready later this month.

If you are not on the SG1Props email list then make sure you subscribe so that you can get in on the VERY LIMITED run of these. I will most likely make less than 25 replicas in total, making it a highly prestigious replica to own.
Attachments
2016-09-07 14.01.30.jpg
2016-09-07 14.01.30.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 62839 times
By SG Merc
I will be making a huge announcement with pictures soon, but I just wanted to put it out there that I have finished the first replica!

Had to get it put together pretty quick, and cut a few corners, but the prototype build is complete (sans electronics). This has allowed me to figure out where the problem areas are so that I can get everything perfected. Already working on getting the second generation parts made.
By SG Merc
Working on a set of Naquadah Generator top units. This is one of the main lighted parts on the prop, and features 20 blue LEDs. Each hole needs to be drilled out before being fitted with specially cut pieces of acrylic rod to transmit the light from each LED.

Today I drilled out the holes for the LEDs. Next step on these will be to use a router to mill out the holes for the red and green panels. Thankfully I recently picked up a router table which should make the work easier.
Attachments
2016-10-01 15.50.23.jpg
2016-10-01 15.50.23.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 62685 times
By SG Merc
First prototype has been completed. Shown here without the base.

There are a few parts which need to be re-molded. I'm just not happy with the quality of those pieces. As always it's gotta be perfect before it can ship.
Attachments
Naquadah Generator Replica
Naquadah Generator Replica
2016-10-06 12.48.44 med.jpg (164.72 KiB) Viewed 62115 times
By SG Merc
If you are interested then please add your name to this list. This is not a commitment to buy one, but just to give me an idea of how many serious buyers there are.

Interest List

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]