Stargate Props and Costumes

Welcome to the Internet's largest community dedicated to the props and costumes of Stargate.

Discussions about replica and original Stargate props. Show off your collection, or what you are building.
By Brat'ac
yeah I wanted to know if there were particular clays or syllycones that I should look at. or what the final material should be made of.

Yeah, that link you posted was really cool. how old are you anyways? I am guessing in you twenties. [don't answere if you don't want to]
but I notised that you said that you might sell them. I too have been looking for one of those because me and my cousins would like to make some fan fiction episodes. so I am also looking for Jaffa helmets.
(I always thought that the Jaffa lines looked complicated.)

[Posts combined -- SG Merc]
By SG Merc
Well you can make a master (sculpt) from a lot of things. Some people like to use wood (MDF or balsa), others use water based clay, and others use oil based clay. Different clays work well for different things, but I prefer using oil based clay for most things. Chavant NSP is a great clay oil to use, and WED clay is a great water based clay.

Any mold making silicone will get you by. I prefer products from Smooth-On. They make a silicone called OOMOO that is very easy to use. Once you make a mold you can cast most types of resins and epoxies.

Some people skip these steps and build their props one at a time using aluminum or copper etc.. I have seen a lot of Ribbon Devices made from scratch like this. In fact, the first Ribbon Device that I made was made from scratch. One day I might write about it ...
By SG Merc
I don't have anything online at the moment. I will do so when I have the opportunity. For the time being you can always find some good screen caps on a site like Stargatecaps.com. Most of my reference photos are screen captures too.
By SG Merc
I would just use whatever makes it easiest to get the shape you want. I've seen people use all sorts of interesting household products to build ribbon devices.
By Brat'ac
thanks that will really help. what did you use for the palm crystal??? I was thinking a coloured resin.
By SG Merc
Tinted resin is ideal, but I have seen people use a found object to make them. Sometimes older cabinet knobs and costume jewelry can have a dome shape to it which makes an ideal piece to work from.

The Vineland Public Library is looking for Stargat[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

The Vineland Public Library is having it's 4th ann[…]

Completely redesigned the palm crystal and frame. […]